Yeager Matthews Bass
Yeager Matthews Bass joined Merkel & Cocke, P.A. in August of 2020 upon receiving his law degree from Mississippi College School of Law and passing the bar exam. Yeager was born and raised in Clarksdale, Mississippi and is thrilled to return to his hometown to practice law. Before attending law school, Yeager attended Mississippi State University where he studied Agricultural Engineering and Business Management. During his time at Mississippi State, Mr. Bass felt the calling to go to law school in order to help those who needed it most.
During his time at Mississippi College, Mr. Bass was involved in the Moot Court Program and Law Review. In his final year of law school, Mr. Bass was elected as the Editor-in-Chief of the Law Review and was responsible for publishing the school’s most prominent legal journal. Yeager also had the privilege to clerk at the Supreme Court of Mississippi for Presiding Justice James W. Kitchens. Additionally, Mr. Bass was inducted into the Legal Writers Circle and the Order of the Barristers, which are awarded to the top students in written and oral advocacy. He was also awarded the Hearin Scholarship, which is given to the top four students in each class at Mississippi College School of Law.
Yeager graduated from Mississippi College School of Law magna cum laude. In addition to his J.D., Yeager received a certificate in Civil Litigation. He was also a member of the Phi Delta Phi Honor Society, a Pupil in the Charles Clark Inns of Court; won the American Jurisprudence awards in Property, Torts, and Agency; and was on the Dean’s List every semester of law school.
Yeager now resides in Cleveland, Mississippi where he is a member of Covenant Presbyterian Church. Yeager enjoys being in the outdoors, hunting for deer and ducks, as well as fishing. Yeager is an avid Mississippi State sports fan.
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Products Liability
- Insurance Disputes
- JD, Magna Cum Laude, Mississippi College School of Law, 2020
- Editor-in-Chief of the Mississippi College Law Review Volume XXXVIII
- Member, Mississippi College School of Law, Moot Court Board
- BS, Mississippi State University, Agricultural Engineering and Business Management, 2016
- Mississippi, 2020
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Mississippi, 2020
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Mississippi, 2020
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit, 2020
- Super Lawyers – 2022 Rising Star
- Delta Business Journal – Top Young Professional 2021
- Mississippi Bar – Commissioner for District 11, 2022
- Young Lawyers Division of the Mississippi Bar – Chair of Nominations Committee, 2021