Experienced Mississippi Personal Injury Lawyers on Your Side
We fight for the compensation injury victims deserve
It only takes one instance of carelessness to change someone’s life forever. From a simple vehicle accident to the wrongful death of an innocent victim, negligent actions can result in extensive harm and unimaginable tragedy. Personal injury lawsuits seek to obtain compensation for those injured by the carelessness of another.
At Merkel & Cocke, P.A., our experienced Mississippi personal injury attorneys assist injured persons in obtaining recoveries for past medical bills, lost wages, medical expenses and other injury-related costs. With more than 200 years of combined personal injury litigation experience, our trial attorneys are qualified to represent individuals injured due to the fault of another.
Serious legal representation for various injury-causing accidents
Our legal team has represented individuals injured in various types of accidents, including:
- Car wrecks. Auto accidents are a daily occurrence on the roadways of Mississippi. When a negligent driver causes a crash that causes harm to others, we diligently work to obtain compensation for the injured parties.
- Truck accidents. Tractor-trailers and 18-wheelers create a real risk for everyone on the roadway. Our team is equipped to handle legal cases and fight for compensation for the extensive injuries an 18-wheeler can cause in a truck crash.
- Motorcycle accidents. Motorcyclists face a significant risk of broken bones, burns and lacerations when passenger car and truck drivers fail to use proper precautions on the roadway. If you or a loved one has been involved in a motorcycle accident in Mississippi, we can help.
- Product liability. Our team is particularly skilled in the area of defective product litigation. In cases involving dangerous drugs and devices, or toxic exposure, our Mass Torts attorneys can help you make a claim against national or even global manufacturers.
- Premises liability. When property owners carelessly maintain their premises in a manner that causes injury to visitors, the injured individual may have a premises liability personal injury claim.
- Wrongful death. The wrongful death of a loved one is even more painful when it is caused by the careless actions of another. We help families through these extremely difficult circumstances.
These are just a few of the many different areas of personal injury law we handle. From all types of recreational vehicle accidents to hunting accidents, farm accidents and construction accidents, when someone else’s negligent behavior causes the injury of you or a loved one, you can count on us to fight for your rights.
Our firm has also built a national reputation in the area of medical malpractice. When you or a loved one is in the care of a medical professional, you expect them to act in your best interests. Proving physician negligence or malpractice takes skill and knowledge. At Merkel & Cocke, we are experienced at handling complex medical malpractice cases, including birth injuries and failure to diagnose.
No upfront costs for quality personal injury representation
At Merkel & Cocke, we understand the financial hardship that comes with a severe injury. That is why we handle personal injury cases on a contingency basis. This means that you have no upfront attorneys’ fees because we take care of the initial costs of your case. You owe us nothing until we obtain a settlement or verdict on your behalf. We are confident in our ability to help our clients.
Our committed lawyers provide our clients with quality legal representation. Each of our attorneys is highly experienced in various types of personal injury lawsuits, from commonly occurring car wrecks and slip and falls to complicated litigation involving catastrophic, life-changing injuries. We are the personal injury law firm that other lawyers trust to handle their most complex legal matters.
Call our Mississippi personal injury lawyers today for a no-obligation consultation
If you have been injured by the negligent actions of an individual or business, trust the Mississippi law firm that has been serving our community for more than three decades. Contact the legal team of Merkel & Cocke today. Our home office is located in Clarksdale, and we are proud to represent clients throughout Mississippi, including in Tupelo, Jackson, Cleveland, Indianola, and throughout the Gulf Coast Region. We also handle cases in Tennessee and Arkansas. Call us at 662-627-9641, or complete our contact form to schedule a free initial consultation.