Experienced Mississippi Medical Malpractice Lawyers Fight for the Rights of Injured Patients
There for you when negligent medical professionals cause harm
When an accident or mistake takes place at a medical office or hospital, the results can be disastrous. Patients turn to medical professionals for care and healing, but sometimes they receive negligent treatment and poor decision-making instead. Failing to make a proper diagnosis, issuing the wrong prescription, administering inappropriate care — errors like these and others can result in serious injury, disability or even death.
Merkel & Cocke, P.A. represents victims of medical malpractice and their families. We have particular experience helping the most vulnerable members of our community, including babies injured during birth and people harmed during surgery. Our experienced lawyers have spent years cultivating resources and obtaining the help of experts who are capable of thoroughly investigating the cause of your injuries and assisting us in earning the compensation you and your family deserves.
Reliable representation for the most complex medical malpractice cases
No one is completely safe from the risk of medical negligence. Incidents of malpractice can occur in many different settings and under various circumstances. Our knowledgeable attorneys have handled numerous serious injury cases involving such medical negligence as:
- Birth injuries. When physicians fail to exercise proper judgment during the labor and delivery process, mothers and newborns are at risk of serious birth injury.
- Medication errors. Doctors may prescribe medications that harm, instead of help, the patient. Nurses can also be liable for medication errors, particularly in a hospital setting where they may administer wrong medications or incorrect dosages.
- Surgical mistakes. Common surgical mistakes include operating on the wrong area of the body, leaving surgical items inside the body and causing unintended injury during the surgery.
- Emergency medical errors. EMTs can also act in a medically negligent manner, by failing to respond in a timely manner or attempting unreasonable treatment measures.
- Misdiagnosis / Failure to diagnose. A missed or delayed diagnosis can further complicate a condition, placing the patient at risk of severe harm or death.
A team of experienced lawyers and medical professionals on your side
Medical negligence can result in severe injuries. A child born with cerebral palsy or HIE, or a severely disabled adult may face years of physical, emotional and financial challenges. Successfully proving these cases takes extensive knowledge and skill. To assist us in representing victims of medical malpractice, the legal team of Merkel & Cocke employs an RN as a full-time part of our staff. This resource, along with our team approach to representation, provides our clients with a continuity and reliability they trust.
Even other attorneys recognize the quality legal services that our skilled lawyers consistently provide. Many of our peers turn to us for assistance with their most complex cases. It is a reputation that we have worked hard to develop and one that we continue to build with each and every client.
If you were a victim of medical negligence in Mississippi, call us
At Merkel & Cocke, we understand the hardship that a medical malpractice injury can place on a family. That is why we handle these cases on a contingency basis. Your top priority should be healing and getting on with your life – not trying to pay attorneys’ fees. We handle the up-front costs, so you can focus on what is most important. Contact our compassionate legal team today. We maintain offices in Jackson and Clarksdale, and serve injured clients in Tupelo, the Gulf Coast and throughout Mississippi, and in Tennessee and Arkansas. Call us at 662-627-9641 or complete our contact form to schedule free consultation.