Aggressive Mississippi Product Liability Lawyers Seek Justice for Injury Clients
Advocating for victims of defective and dangerous products throughout the South
Product manufacturers and retailers have a responsibility to protect the consumers who use their products. When they breach this duty, and make defective products available to the public, they may be held liable for any injuries that result.
Product liability cases can be challenging to navigate without assistance from highly capable attorneys. At Merkel & Cocke, P.A., our team of legal professionals has the knowledge and resources to analyze the causes of your injuries and mount a case for compensation. We are one of the largest plaintiff’s law firms in the state, and we are prepared to put all of our skills and resources to work in your case.
Quality representation for the various types of product liability claims
Various parties can be responsible for the injuries arising from defective products. Manufacturers and designers must ensure that their products are not defective or inherently dangerous when used appropriately. Wholesalers and retailers are expected to keep unsafe products off their shelves. When a defective or dangerous product causes harm to a consumer who is using it as intended, our experienced attorneys work to hold them responsible for their negligent actions.
The legal team of Merkel & Cocke has successfully handled numerous product liability cases, including those involving such negligent actions as:
- Defective design. These are defects in the design of the product. For example, a piece of furniture or tree stand may be designed without adequate support causing injuries from collapse, or a heater may be designed with a flammable casing or in such a way as to leak dangerous gas, or a motor vehicle may not be “crash worthy” or capable of protecting occupants in a minor or moderate crash.
- Improper manufacturing. In these incidences, the product is designed properly, but a mistake was made during the manufacturing process. The manufacturer may have misread the design or ordered defective parts. For example, the use of inadequate materials in the manufacturing of automobile tires can result in dangerous tire blowouts.
- Inadequate warnings. When a product causes foreseeable risks to the consumer, the manufacturer, wholesaler and/or retailer may have a responsibility to adequately warn the consumer of potential dangers. Failure to meet this duty could result in liability for any resulting injuries.
We also have the resources and capability to handle mass tort cases. Our skilled legal team stands up to powerful corporations, making them accountable for the harms they cause consumers. Though these cases involve numerous plaintiffs, we provide each injured party with personalized legal services.
Fighting for the compensation your injuries deserve
You expect that the products you use each day will work in a safe manner. When they cause injury to you or your family, you may feel betrayed and overwhelmed by the cost of necessary medical treatments. Our knowledgeable product liability lawyers understand the challenges that a serious product liability accident can cause. From vehicle accidents caused by defective tires to fires stemming from electrical defects, these incidents often result in various injuries, including:
- Serious burns
- Broken or fractured limbs
- Spinal cord injuries
- Brain injuries
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Organ and soft tissue damage
Put a reputable Clarksdale product liability law firm on your side
You do not have to suffer in silence when a product causes injury to you or a family member. Rely on the lawyers of Merkel & Cocke to fight for the compensation you deserve. Located in Jackson and Clarksdale, we serve also assist injured clients throughout Mississippi, Tennessee and Arkansas. Call us at 662-627-9641 or complete our contact form to schedule a free consultation to discuss your product liability case.