Skilled Jackson Personal Injury Attorneys Fighting for Justice for You
We help you get the compensation you deserve when you have been injured in Mississippi
Accidents are, by nature, unexpected, but many are the result of negligence and could have been prevented. Whether the injury was because of the negligence of a physician, a drunk driver, or a defective product, our civil justice system gives you the opportunity to pursue financial compensation to cover the losses you have suffered because of the injury.
At the law firm of Merkel & Cocke, P.A., we helped those who have suffered injury because of someone else’s negligence to recover compensation for their medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering and other losses related to the injury. Our combined 200 years of legal experience can give you the confidence that we will handle your case effectively, and that we will be attentive to you as a client.
Competent counsel when you have been hurt because of someone else’s negligence
The following are the types of cases our Jackson personal injury attorneys take on for our clients:
- Car crashes. Many car wrecks are a result of driver error. Regardless of what caused the crash, we find out who is responsible for your injuries and we hold them accountable.
- Truck accidents. When large, commercial trucks collide with passenger vehicles, tragedy often ensues. Our truck accident attorneys protect your right to recover compensation after a truck accident injury.
- Motorcycle accidents. When other motor vehicles do not see the motorcyclists who just want to share the road safely, the motorcyclist can be vulnerable to life threatening injuries. We can help pursue the driver who caused the crash and recover compensation for you.
- Farm accidents. Whether a tractor overturned, or a worker got injured after getting tangled up in farm machinery, farm accident injuries can be serious, and many could have been prevented. When a farm accident injury is keeping you from being able to work, we fight for your right to recover compensation.
- Premises liability. If you were injured in a deck collapse, or a violent assault by an intruder on someone else’s property, you may be able to take legal action against the property owner and recover compensation for your injuries and other losses.
- Product liability. Did the airbags in your vehicle explode and cause an injury? Did another type of defective product lead to a serious injury? If so, you may have grounds for a product liability action against the product manufacturer.
- Wrongful death. Losing a loved one in a preventable accident can be devastating. When someone else’s negligence caused the death of a loved one, a wrongful death attorney from Merkel & Cocke will protect your right to recover compensation for your loss.
We also handle cases arising from medical malpractice, including birth injuries, and represent injured employees in workers’ compensation cases.
Hiring a personal injury attorney will not cost you anything up front
You may have heard that some attorneys charge a retainer fee before they will start working on a case, but in personal injury cases, our attorneys do not charge any up-front fees. We accept injury cases on contingency, which means that you do not pay attorney fees unless we recover compensation for you. We advance the costs on your behalf, and our fees come out of the amount we can recover for you.
Our trusted legal team also offers free initial consultation so that you can come in and discuss your case with an injury lawyer and receive guidance on how you might proceed. From a routine fender-bender to a catastrophic injury case, our Jackson personal injury attorneys are here to represent you, protect your rights and make sure that you receive the compensation you need.
What types of damages might I recover in a personal injury claim?
Depending on the nature and severity of the accident and injury, there are several types of damages that might be available to you in a personal injury claim such as the following:
- Medical expenses related to the accident
- Lost wages and benefits
- Diminished earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Other related damages
If you have been injured and you are interested in pursuing compensation for your injuries, your first step is to choose the right legal representation. Our Jackson personal injury attorneys are here to help whether you were injured in a farm accident, a car crash, or if you lost a loved one in an accident and you want to pursue a wrongful death case.
Schedule a consultation with our Jackson personal injury lawyers today
Has someone else’s negligence caused you to suffer a serious injury? If you require personal injury representation, you can trust the Jackson law firm that has been serving our community for more than three decades. We are proud to represent clients throughout Mississippi and throughout the Gulf Coast region. We also accept cases in Tennessee and Arkansas. You are welcome to contact the legal team of Merkel & Cocke today at 662-799-1633, or complete our contact form to schedule a free initial consultation.