Experienced Jackson Injury Lawyers Handling Complex Cases
The Mississippi law firm you can trust during challenging times
For more than three decades, the law firm of Merkel & Cocke, P.A. has been assisting the residents of Jackson and the surrounding areas with their various legal needs. From personal injury cases to commercial disputes, our reputable Jackson attorneys provide every client with quality legal representation. Our approach to legal representation has established our reputation as a law firm of excellence within the legal community. We are proud that other lawyers turn to us when they need assistance with their most complex legal cases. As one of the largest plaintiff’s law firms in Mississippi, we are prepared to guide you through the legal process.
Types of legal matters we handle
At Merkel & Cocke, our clients benefit from more than 200 years of combined legal experience. We take a team approach to each case, strategizing to determine the best course of action. Our lawyers fight to obtain compensation for individuals who were injured by the negligent actions of another. We have successfully handled cases involving:
- Car accidents. Most car crashes are a result of human error in the form of speeding, drunk, distracted or drowsy driving. We help you recover compensation when you have been injured because of the negligence of another.
- Truck accidents. When an 18-wheeler collides with a passenger vehicle, the results can be devastating. We are here to obtain justice on your behalf after a truck accident injury.
- Motorcycle accidents. Riders crave the freedom of the open road, but they are vulnerable to serious injury and death when other motorists don’t look out for them on the highway. We help motorcyclists who have been injured in crashes obtain the compensation they deserve.
- Product liability. When manufacturers and retailers put defective products on the market, we hold them accountable.
- Mass torts. Our vast experience includes mass tort actions, which involve a defective or dangerous product that causes injury, illness or death to multiple parties. Bair Hugger surgical warming blankets and Xarelto injury claims are examples of mass tort claims.
- Catastrophic injuries. Some injuries are so severe that they have a catastrophic effect on the victim’s life. Our Jackson legal team has handled such catastrophic injuries as burns and traumatic brain injuries.
- Premises liability. Injuries sustained on someone else’s Jackson property may be compensable under the theory of premises liability.
- Wrongful death. When families lose a loved one to someone else’s negligence, a wrongful death claim may help them meet their financial responsibilities, so they can begin the healing process.
- Medical malpractice. Our team of experienced lawyers holds medical professionals accountable when their negligent actions cause injury.
- Birth injuries. If your child, or the mother of your child, was critical injured during the pregnancy, labor and delivery, or post-partum stages, we want to help you.
- Hunting accidents. We assist hunters who sustain serious injuries while out in the Mississippi woods.
- Farm accident injuries. If you were hurt in a farm-related crash, by a defective product or because of someone else’s negligence, we can help.
- Construction injuries. If you were hurt while working construction, we help you consider and pursue the available options for collecting compensation.
- Workers’ compensation. When work-related accidents occur, our knowledgeable attorneys fight for the rights of the injured workers.
- Legal malpractice. Merkel & Cocke is one of the only law firms in Jackson that represents victims of legal malpractice.
- Contract disputes and commercial litigation. Jackson businesses rely on our firm when complex contract disputes arise.
If you are frustrated and confused about what to do after an injury that was a result of someone else’s negligence, we are here for you. Our Jackson personal injury attorneys work diligently on your behalf to protect your rights and recover all the compensation that is due to you. For more than 35 years, Merkel & Cocke has been the law firm you can trust throughout Mississippi.
How can I reach your firm?
You can call us or come by the office. We’re open from 8:00am to 5:00pm every day, but if we’re not in when you need us, just leave a message; someone will get back to you in the morning.
Our Jackson office is located at 622 Duling Avenue, in Suite 221. We’re right across the street from a salsa club, and around the corner from the Fondren Presbyterian Church and the Woodland Hills Baptist Church. We’re also within walking distance of UP Lakeland, University Rehabilitation Center, and UM Medical Center. We will come visit you in any of these facilities – or any others – if you’re too ill or injured to come to us.
Contact our experienced Jackson injury attorneys for help with your case
At Merkel & Cocke, we commit ourselves to championing our clients’ rights. Our team of talented Jackson attorneys understands the challenges of pursuing a legal claim. We make each client a top priority. Call us at 662-799-1633 or complete our contact form to schedule a free consultation at our Jackson office. We represent clients throughout Mississippi, Tennessee and Arkansas.