Reputable Mississippi Surgical Malpractice Lawyers Protecting Patients’ Rights
When a surgeon’s error causes you harm, we fight for justice
When you check into hospitals such as North Mississippi Medical Center or Merit Health Central for a surgical procedure, you do so with the expectation that all members of your operating team will perform in a safe and professional manner. Unfortunately, this expectation is not always met for some patients across Mississippi, Tennessee, and Arkansas. Errors within the operating room can lead to extreme pain, severe complications, and even death. Patients and families are left feeling betrayed and confused about what happened, as well as their available legal remedies.
The legal team at Merkel & Cocke, P.A. assists patients and families through the tragedy of a surgical error. Our knowledgeable Mississippi surgical malpractice attorneys understand the physical, mental, and financial challenges brought on by a surgical error. With a reputation for excellent client services within the legal community, we are the law firm that other lawyers count on for assistance with their most complex personal injury matters. Let us put our skills to work in your case.
What are the various types of surgical errors?
Surgical procedures are complicated, with numerous opportunities for error and life-threatening mistakes. Our seasoned attorneys have assisted patients with injuries stemming from various surgical errors, including:
- Unnecessary surgeries
- Surgery performed on the wrong body part
- Unsanitary surgical environment
- Improper evaluation of laboratory results
- Failing to follow up with a patient after surgery
- Improper administration of anesthesia
- Premature discharge from hospital
- Inadequate follow-up
- Unreasonably delayed surgical procedures
- Surgical instruments, sponges, or towels left inside of patient
- Failure to recognize complications
- Failure to advise a patient of potential risks
Each of these errors is extremely serious, with potentially fatal consequences. The legal team at Merkel & Cocke stands up to physicians and medical centers when they cause harm to patients. We find medical malpractice inexcusable, which is why we commit our time and knowledge to obtaining justice for our clients.
Potential consequences of surgical errors
While every surgical error is serious, some operating mistakes can have catastrophic consequences for patients and their families. Our lawyers have seen surgical errors leading to:
- Birth injuries. A surgical error could leave Mother and Baby with life-altering injuries, scarring and disfigurement, and a host of problems in the imitate and far future.
- Permanent disabilities. For a college-level or professional athlete, for example, an error during orthopedic surgery can be career-ending, with severe financial implications.
- Physical deformities. Plastic surgery mistakes can leave a patient severely disfigured, potentially resulting in a lifetime of mental and psychological anguish.
These are just some of the many possible consequences of a mistake during surgery. We believe that all medical professionals should be held to industry standards within the operating room. When we take on your medical malpractice case, we use our collective knowledge, experience, and resources to thoroughly investigate the details of your injury and craft a successful claim for compensation.
Contact our skilled Mississippi surgical error attorneys today
If you were injured by a surgical error, the reputable attorneys of Merkel & Cocke fight to obtain fair and just compensation. We provide client services to patients injured throughout Mississippi, including Tupelo, Jackson, Cleveland, Indianola, Clarksdale and across the Gulf Coast region. We also handle surgical error cases occurring within hospitals in Tennessee and Arkansas. To schedule a free initial consultation, call us today at 662-627-9641 or complete our contact form.