Mississippi Car Crash Attorneys with the Resources to Handle All Types of Claims
Serving residents of the Gulf Coast region for more than three decades
Auto accidents happen on the roadways of Mississippi every single day, often leaving drivers and passengers with serious, life-altering injuries. According to the Mississippi Department of Transportation, 690 people were killed on the state’s streets and highways in 2016. When determining the cause of an accident and identifying responsible parties, it is important to consider the type of crash that occurred. From rollovers to rear-end collisions, each type of car crash is generally associated with certain driver behaviors, as well as roadway conditions.
At the law offices of Merkel & Cocke, P.A., we have handled numerous types of auto accidents throughout our decades of practice. We have the resources and knowledge to analyze an accident scene and use the collected information to build a strong case for compensation. With skilled Mississippi car accident attorneys on your side, you can focus on healing from your injuries instead of haggling with insurance companies and navigating the claims process. Regardless of your crash type, our team of attorneys is here to help.
The many different types of car wrecks
When classifying types of car accidents, experts generally consider the number of vehicles involved, the type of impact, and the specific conditions of the accident location. At Merkel & Cocke, we have seen various types of vehicle crashes throughout our more than 30 years of practice, and secured millions of dollars on behalf of our clients, including a $12.9 million settlement for a client injured in a rollover crash.
- Rear-end collisions. These accidents commonly result when drivers follow too closely behind the car in front of them or fail to break in time when the front vehicle slows down.
- Sideswipe collisions. These crashes often result when drivers fail to properly yield or suddenly change lanes without adequately checking their surroundings.
- Head-on collisions. Head-on collisions are often tragic, occurring when a driver fails to adhere to traffic directions or weaves across the centerline into oncoming traffic. Our team obtained a six-figure settlement on behalf of a family whose elderly loved one was killed when the car she was traveling in was hit head-on by a driver who fell asleep at the wheel.
- T-bone collisions. T-bone collisions occur when the front of one car strikes the side of another vehicle. These accidents often occur at intersections when a vehicle fails to obey a stop sign or runs a red light.
- Single-car accidents. Some car crashes only involve one vehicle. These accidents may result from poor weather conditions, defective automobile parts, or the negligence of a distracted driver.
- Multi-vehicle collisions. Under some circumstances, a single crash can lead to a pile-up of multiple vehicles. These accidents typically occur on highways where vehicles are traveling at a high rate of speed in close proximity to each other.
- Rollover accidents. When a vehicle rolls over on the roadway, it can cause injuries to those inside, as well as other drivers on the roadway. Rollover accidents often involve large trucks or SUVs.
- Uninsured motorist accidents. According to a report by CarInsurance.com, 23% of all Mississippi drivers operate their vehicles without the required insurance. When these individuals cause car crashes, injured parties may have to pursue compensation through alternative routes. We help victims of uninsured and underinsured motorists obtain compensation for their injuries.
- Motorcycle, bicycle, and pedestrian accidents. Without the protection of a car or truck, these individuals are at a significant risk for serious harm when crashes occur. We represent clients who have been injured in motorcycle, bicycle, and pedestrian accidents.
Skilled representation you can trust for any type of car crash in Mississippi
No matter the type of car crash, you deserve compensation from all responsible parties. With the reputable attorneys of Merkel & Cocke on your side, you can focus on healing while we focus of your claim. We provide client services from our home office in Clarksdale, where we also assist injured parties throughout Mississippi, including Tupelo, Jackson, and across the Gulf Coast region. We also handle car crash injury cases occurring in Tennessee and Arkansas. Call us today at 662-799-1633 or complete our contact form to schedule a free consultation.